When To Use This Document
Use this document when you need to troubleshoot a Split System (External CartCare Board) power system)
- Unplug Cart from wall outlet before continuing.
- Phillips Screwdriver
- 8mm Wrench or Hex Socket
- Volt Meter set to VDC or 200VDC/DCV
Process / Instructions
- Unplug the recharge cord from the wall outlet. Disconnect the connector from the charger as shown below.
- Disconnect the connector from the CartCare Adapter board as shown below.
- Insert the Red and Black probes into the connector that goes down to the battery box as shown. Record reading as SBV.
- Insert the Red and Black probes into the connector that goes down to the battery box as shown. Record this reading as OCV.
- Remove the hex nut holding the power supply onto the cart. There should be a total of 2 hex nuts.
- Orientate the box as shown and connect the long battery cable wire directly into the charger as shown.
- Insert Red and Black probes as shown below. The probe needle should fight alongside the terminals.
- Ensure the voltmeter is set to VDC or DCV. Some meters have numbers 20 and 200, Select the 200 VDC Setting. Plug the recharge cord into the wall outlet. Record this reading as RV.
- Insert the Red and Black probe into the battery box connector as shown in below image. Record the reading as Box.
Results and Analysis
Please e-mail your voltage readings to firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick analysis and resolution.