When To Use This document
Use this document when having Issues with charger.
- Charger never shows AMBER LEDs.
- Charger shows no LEDs color.
- Charger doesn't charge.
- Charger ( 51-4218 )
- Fully discharged/drained battery ( 51-3829 )
- Live AC wall outlet ( 120 VAC )
- Not required
Process / Instructions
1. Unplug charger from wall outlet for 1 minute.
2. Plug charger into wall outlet.
3. Insert a fully discharged/drained battery into charger.
4. Wait 30 second.
5. Record the LED color.
Results and Analysis
|Amber Solid||GOOD||Operating normal.|
|Amber Blinking||GOOD||Operating normal. Battery inserted is 60% or below life remaining capacity.|
|Green Solid||FAULT||Charger not charging.|
|Green Blinking||FAULT||Charger not charging. Battery inserted is 60% or below life remaining capacity.|
|RED||FAULT||- Unit not installed upright ( both RED without batteries installed )|
- Unit's fan failure
- Unit has internal fault
|OFF||FAULT||Check wall outlet, ensure it is live.|
Try different AC line cord.
Unit has internal fault.
- Ensure the charger being tested is controlled with no interference. Notify others that the charger is being tested and cannot be touched. This will ensure the result is in accordance and has not been altered.
- If a fully charged battery were to be inserted into the charger, the LED will be GREEN and void the test. A fully discharged battery is required.
- All charger with part number ( 51-4218 ) are estimated to fully charge a battery in 2 hours.
- Each charging slot function independently from the other slot.